.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Free Essays - The Grace of God :: Personal Narrative Essays

The Grace of God   The Revolution Has Begun - Stop giving your authority to Christ & antiophthalmic factor the Void & the Imagination- you are it, now, the God...you are needed - stop hiding yr. Light in a bushel.  - Allen Ginsberg to Neal Cassady   My mother was Catholic, and although she raised us as Episcopalians, I always matte that she wanted to go back to her baptismal religion. There was always a loyalty in her to her heritage. I sensed this as she explained to me her belief that every wiz is born with a purpose. You need to seek out your destiny, she said. I do not agree with my mother. Destiny unfolds as you live your life. Your purpose is to follow what you parcel out about, and in turn, what you care about will make progress. True love entails the same thought. There is no the one for each of us. We begin to know someone and that develops into love, and that person becomes the one because there is no one else who could ever be what he or she has become t o you. Nothing is preset, but rather, unravels. In that sense, you create your throw life, your own fate, your own God. And if you create it, you are it. Everything in your life comes from within you, even your religion. That is the only hole proof comfort to the frailties I mentioned before. Believe it if you wish. I do. Sometimes.   I use to stare at my ceiling in the dead of the night and trace the edge where the walls meet with my eyes, my only fear, that the line might blur, or worse, become besides sharp. What do I think of in the dead of the night? I think of God. Because darkness is upon me and I have no other protection from the horrors that lie in wait in my mind. I have no other protection from the edge of my walls, the extremities of my reality, becoming blade-like sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment